If you store stock on consignment from your suppliers, you will use the Supplier Consignments Module. This article explains how to create a Supplier Consignment, then purchase back any goods that you have sold.
Supplier Consignment stock is stock that you keep on your premises that you do not own - on condition that you will purchase the stock after sale.
The supplier Consignments module is not switched on by default - if you require the use of this module, send a ticket to the Support Team or your Onboarding Specialist who will organise this for you.
Creating a Consignment
To create a supplier consignment:
- From the Left Navigation, select Purchases then click Supplier Consignments
- Click New Supplier Consignment
- Enter the supplier details in the top section of the transaction
- Enter the products in the grid below
- Approve the transaction, and email to the supplier if required from the Admin screen
When stock arrives from the supplier:
- Search for the consignment from the Supplier Consignment module
- Click on the Transaction Reference to edit the Supplier Consignment
- Enter a Fully Received Date to bring the products into stock
- Note that though the products will appear in your SOH, they will not be counted as stock that you own
Purchasing Consignment Stock based on Sales
If you sell any of your consignment stock, you will need to purchase that stock from your supplier. This typically happens at the end of each week or month, depending on the agreement with your supplier.
Cin7 can calculate what you need to purchase based on what you have sold - this makes it very easy to create Purchase Orders quickly.
To make a purchase:
- From the Left Navigation, select Admin & Reports, then Reports Dashboard
- From the Right hand side of the next screen, select the report Supplier Consignment Sales by Dispatch Date'
- Set the date filters for the period required
N.B. It is important to create purchase orders at the same time each month. This is so you do not miss an item that has been sold or create a Purchase Order for an item you have already paid for.
- Filter by the supplier you want to purchase from. The Supplier field is linked to the Preferred Supplier field stored against a product.
- This will show a list of all products sold, and the To Order column will show the quantity that must be purchased.
- Search for the supplier in the top box, and then click New Purchase to automatically create a Purchase Order to the selected supplier, for the quantities in the To Order column
- Complete the Purchase Order as you would for a standard purchase.
Note that once you have created a Purchase for a supplier, this is also recorded for you reference with the Supplier Consignment.
Once all goods from a consignment have been sold and purchased, it is possible to enter a Completed Date in the Supplier Consignment to remove it from the Open Consignments module.
Is it possible to make a Branch Transfer of Supplier Consignment stock?
Yes, Consignment stock can be transferred just like normal stock.
Should I count my consignment stock when I do a stocktake?
Because you don't own this stock, you should avoid counting consignment stock when doing a stocktake. Entering counts for these products will adjust in additional stock as if you own them already.