CRM Custom Fields
How to create and use custom CRM fields.
Creating a Custom Field
There are two types of custom fields that can be created: Word (text) fields, and Number (numeric) fields. Text fields can contain a maximum of 250 characters.
To make a custom field:
- While logged in as an Administrator, select your username in the top right corner and then select Settings.
- Under the CRM menu, select Custom Fields.
- Select Create New.
- Enter the field name, select the type of field (either "Words" or "Number"), and select Create.
- The new field will now appear in the list of fields.
Making the Field Display
The next step is to make the custom field appear in the Customer Details page.
- Return to the Settings page by selecting Back to Settings.
- Under the CRM menu, select CRM Settings.
- You should see your new custom field under the Show Additional Fields in The CRM Form section. Select Show and choose the area of the Customer Details page you want the field to show.
- To save the changes, select Next and then Save.
- Review the Customer Details page to confirm custom field.
Can Custom fields be made available in the Reports?
Not by default. If required, please contact Cin7 Support.
Can Custom fields be deleted?
A Custom field cannot be deleted once created. However, you can prevent a custom field from being displayed by deselecting it on the Settings page.