Custom CRM fields can be created for data that is specific to your business. This article explains how to create them.
Creating a Custom Field
There are two types of custom fields that can be created - Word fields and Number fields. Word fields can contain a maximum of 250 characters.
To make a custom field:
- Login to the Administrator account, hover over your username and click Settings.
- Click on Custom Fields under the CRM Menu
- Click Create New
- Enter the field name, the type of field - Word or Number - and click Create
- The new field will now appear in the list of fields.
Making the Field Display
The next step is to make the custom field appear in the Customer Details page.
- Return to the Settings page by clicking Back to Settings
- This time, click CRM Settings from under the CRM Menu
- You should see your new custom field under the Show Additional Fields in The CRM Form Section. Tick Show and choose the area of the Customer Details page you want the field to show.
- To save the changes, continue clicking Next, then press Save.
- Finally if you view the Customer Details Page, you will see your custom field.
Can Custom fields be made available in the Reports?
Not by default, but we can add these in to a specific report on request if necessary.
Can Custom fields be deleted?
You can't delete a custom field once created, however you can prevent a custom field from being displayed by unchecking it on the settings page.