How to use the Product Checker.
The Product Checker is a feature that can be used to check if products exist in Cin7, by matching against product codes in a spreadsheet. This is important when it comes to loading in a stocktake, as products must exist first before stock can be added.
If they do not exist, this tool will allow you to download a spreadsheet with the minimum fields required to import them into Cin7.
- From the Left Navigation, select Products.
- Hover over Actions and select Product Checker.
- Copy or upload your stocktake or bill of materials spreadsheet into the area to the bottom of the page to see if all products exist.
- Select Update Data for Checking.
- Next you will need to match the columns from your spreadsheet with the Cin7 column drop-down list. Most fields will not map to a Cin7 field; however, at a minimum, you should map Product Code and Product Name.
- Select Next to get a summary of which product codes exist in the spreadsheet but do not exist in Cin7. Select Download CSV of Missing Products to generate a spreadsheet for you to fill out, allowing you to import the missing products into Cin7.