The Product Checker is a handy feature for checking if a list of product codes exist in Cin7. This article explains how to use it.
The Product Checker is a feature that can be used to check if products exist in Cin7, by matching against product codes in a spreadsheet. This is important when it comes to loading in a stocktake, as products must exist first before stock can be added.
If they do not exist, this tool will allow you to download a spreadsheet with the minimum fields required to import them into Cin7.
- From the Left Navigation, select Products
- Hover over Actions and select Product Checker.
- Copy or upload your stocktake or bill of materials spreadsheet into the area to the bottom of the page to see if all products exist.
- Click Update Data for Checking.
- Next you will need to match the columns from your spreadsheet with the Cin7 column dropdown list. Most fields will not map to a Cin7 field, however at a minimum, you should map Product Code and Product Name.
- Click Next to get a summary of which product codes exist in the spreadsheet but do not exist in Cin7. Click Download CSV of Missing Products to generate a spreadsheet for you to fill out, allowing you to import the missing products into Cin7.