How to upload and store product images, and where they appear.
Product images can be stored against products. The images will appear in a number of places:
- In the products list
- In transaction pages, such as Sales Orders
- On documents, such as Invoices and Purchase Orders
- On your B2B site
- In your integrated eCommerce sites
- In your POS
There are two types of images:
1. Product Images
Product Images are stored against the main product details. They are most useful for products with only one price option. You can have up to three images per product.
2. Product Option Images
Product Option Images are stored against Product Options. This is useful for products where there are multiple options and each option looks different. A good example would be a t-shirt that has multiple colors.
Switching on Images in the Settings
By default, only one image option is available in the Products page (i.e., the main product image). To add additional images, you will need to enable the additional fields in the Product Settings.
To do this:
- While logged in as an Administrator, select your username in the top right and then select Settings.
- From the Products menu, select Product Settings.
- At the top of the screen, there are two options that should be switched on:
- The Option Image drop-down switches on the ability to add Product Option images.
- The Show B2B Website Options switches on the ability to add 2nd and 3rd Product images.
- Select Save to confirm changes.
Uploading an Image
Images uploaded must match the following criteria:
- Image files must be no larger than 3MB each.
- Images must be .jpg, .jpeg ,gif, .png or .bmp.
Ideally images will be .jpg. While support for .gif, .bmp and .png is provided, these file types will be converted to .jpg upon upload. For images with transparency, this can cause quality issues.
To upload an Image:
- Select the grey picture image icon to the right of the Image field:
- In the window that appears, select Choose to find the image file on a storage location.
- Once chosen, select upload.