Custom Product Fields
How to create Custom Product Fields for data that is specific to your business.
Creating a Custom Field
There are two types of custom fields that can be created - Word fields and Number fields. Word fields can contain a maximum of 250 characters.
To make a custom field:
- While logged in as an Administrator, select your username in the top right and then select Settings.
- Under the Products menu, Select Custom Fields.
- Select Create New.
- Enter the field name, the type of field (Word or Number) and select Create.
- The new field will now appear in the list of fields.
Making the Field Display
The next step is to make the custom field appear in the Product Form page.
- Return to the Settings Page by selecting Back to Settings.
- Under the Products menu, select Product Settings.
- You should see your new custom field under the Show Additional Fields in The Product Form Section. Select Show and choose the area of the Product Form you want the field to show.
- To save the changes, select Next and then Save.
- Review your Product Form to confirm your custom field has been added.
Can Custom fields be made available in the Reports?
Not by default, but they can be add into a specific report upon request. Contact Cin7 Support for additional information.
Can Custom fields be deleted once created?
No, but you can turn off a custom field from displaying by deselecting it from the Settings page.