Stocktake for Batch and Serial Items
Stocktaking Batch and Serial Numbers is simple, but the process is slightly different to the regular procedure. This article explains the process in detail.
Stocktaking Products that are set to track Batch or Serial Numbers requires a slightly different process.
For more information on Batch and Serial Products, see our article Stock Control Methods.
It may help to familiarise yourself with the general stocktake procedure. If you have stock in your system, see our Stocktake Article, or if you are new to Cin7, see our Initial Stocktake article.
Exporting Current Stock Numbers
To export your current stock numbers:
- From the left navigation click Stock, then select Stocktake Master
- Choose the correct Branch
- From Step 2, tick all Fields except Zones & Bins
- Click Export Data and then from the box above, copy the data into a Spreadsheet
- The spreadsheet will create a new line for each new Batch/Serial Number
Updating Stock Numbers
To update the counts of Batch or Serial Numbers:
- In the exported spreadsheet, amend the numbers of each Batch/Serial Number in the Count column
- If you need to add new Batch/Serial numbers, insert a new row for each and make sure to copy the codes to the new rows. Remember:
- Batch Numbers can have multiple counts per row
- Serial Numbers must only have counts of 1
- Paste this data back into stage 3 of Stocktake Master, and continue the process as described in other stocktake articles