Connecting QuickBooks Enterprise to Cin7
How to complete the required steps for connecting QuickBooks Enterprise to Cin7.
In order for Cin7 (a cloud application) to sync with QuickBooks Enterprise (a desktop application), there are some specific software requirements in order to securely sync data between the two.
Once this has been set up, you'll need to link everything together.
Download QuickBooks Web Connector
First, download the QuickBooks Web Connector (QWC) which allows Cin7 to connect to QuickBooks Enterprise. This product is maintained and distributed by Intuit, and only works on Microsoft Windows.
Download the QuickBooks Web Connector (Windows only) from Intuit QuickBooks.
Follow the instructions to install the QWC on your Microsoft Windows computer.
Add the QuickBooks Enterprise App to your Cin7 Account
Next, add the QuickBooks Enterprise App to your Cin7 Account:
- From the left navigation, select Integrations, then select App Store.
- Select Accounting from the navigation menu, then select QuickBooks Enterprise.
- Select Request App Installation.
Your app can now be found in the left navigation, under Accounting.
Configure QuickBooks Web Connector
Next, a Cin7 configuration file (downloadable from Cin7) is required to set up QuickBooks Web Connector.
To download the configuration file from Cin7:
- While logged into Cin7 as an Administrator, select your username in the top right, then select Settings.
- From the accounting menu, select QBE Setup.
- Select Download QWC Application Config File.
Make sure to download the file to a location that can be easily remembered and accessed.
Next, the downloaded configuration file needs to be opened in the QWC:
- Open QuickBooks Web Connector.
- Select File, then Add an Application.
- Select the downloaded .QWC file, and select Open.
QWC will add the configuration file/application.
Finally, you will need to enter a password to connect the two securely.
- From the same QBE Setup page in Cin7, copy the password displayed under Step 3.
- Paste the copied password into the password field in QWC.
- Press the Enter key to save the password.
Optional: Locking the integration to a specific QuickBooks Enterprise File
If you run multiple QuickBooks Enterprise accounts, it may be desirable to lock your Cin7 account to a specific file path, so you can only ever update a specific QuickBooks Enterprise file.
To do this, first find the correct file path:
- With the correct account open in QuickBooks Enterprise, press the F2 key to bring up Product Information.
- Copy the Location from under the "File Information" section - it should be a file path on your hard drive.
- In Cin7, paste this file path into Step 4. Company File Path field.
- Select Next and then Finish.
Leaving this field blank means that Cin7 will write to the QuickBooks Enterprise account that is open when you sync.
After following all the steps, Cin7 is now connected to QuickBooks Enterprise.
Does Cin7 require a VPN to work with QuickBooks Enterprise?
No. Cin7 users the QWC which automatically establishes a secure connection and thus removes the need for a VPN.