Uploading or Updating Customers into JOOR from Cin7
This article explains how to upload and update customers from Cin7 to JOOR.
Cin7 can upload customers to JOOR, and then if any changes are made to the customer, update JOOR with those changes. If you have pre-existing customers in both systems, they can matched using the matching function.
Setting up Customer Upload
To get started uploading customers:
- Whilst logged in as an Administrator click on your username, top right, then click Settings.
- From the Integrations menu, select JOOR.
- Scroll down and tick the Customers section.
- Click Enabled against Upload Customers to JOOR, and if required click the same under Update Customers to JOOR.
- Click Save Settings at the bottom of the page to complete setup.
Uploading Customers to JOOR
The integration can upload Customers from Cin7's CRM as 'connections' in JOOR. To upload customers to JOOR:
- From the JOOR dashboard, find the Customers tile, and click Upload Customers.
- You will be presented with a list of all customers that have not yet been uploaded to JOOR and whose status is 'Active'. You can filter the list by searching for a specific name.
- If you wish to download this list into a spreadsheet click Download Customers top right.
- Finally, click Upload Customers,
To avoid duplicating customers in JOOR please see Matching Cin7 Customers to JOOR Customers below.
Updating Customers to JOOR
If a contact changes, the changes can be updated to Joor. To do this:
- From the JOOR dashboard, find the Customers tile, and click Update Customers.
- You will be presented with a list of all customers that have been previously matched or uploaded to JOOR, and have been updated. You can filter the list by searching for a specific name.
- If you wish to download this list into a spreadsheet, click Download Customers top right.
- Finally, click Update Customers.
Matching Cin7 Customers to JOOR customers
Cin7 can create a mapping between existing customers in Cin7 and existing customers in JOOR. This means that uploading a contact will not create a duplicate in JOOR, and also means that any updates to Cin7 will update correctly to the JOOR contact.
To match customers:
- From the JOOR dashboard, find the Customers tile, and click Match Customers.
- You will be taken to a new screen where you can 'Download Contacts' from JOOR - this will temporarily store the JOOR contacts for mapping purposes, but will not download them into your CRM.
- Once download, click Match customers to create a map from the record in Cin7 and the record in JOOR.
- Finally, click Done.