Connecting Cin7 to MailChimp
Necessary steps required to connect Cin7 and Mailchimp accounts.
Creating a Mailchimp API Key and finding your List ID
Before you can connect Mailchimp to your Cin7 account, you must first create an API Key, then find the ID of the list you'd like to update.
To create an API Key:
- Login to your Mailchimp account.
- Select your profile name, top right, and click Account
- Select the Extras drop-down menu, then select API Keys.
- Go to the Your API Keys section and select the Create a Key button.
- Select the label and name the key "Cin7".
For more information, see About API Keys.
- Make a note of the API (it will be a string of letters and numbers.)
Next, find the ID for the list to which you'd like your Cin7 contacts added.
- Select Audience on the menu bar then go to the Audience dashboard.
- Click on the "Manage Audience" drop-down menu and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the section which says "Unique id for audience company name" and copy that key, which is the List ID.
For more information, see Find Your List ID.
Adding Mailchimp to your Cin7 account
Once you have retrieved this information, you will need to add the Mailchimp Partner module to your Cin7 account.
To add the module:
- While logged in as an Administrator, from the left navigation, select Integrations then App Store.
- From the App Store, select Sales & Marketing then click Mailchimp.
- Click Request App Installation.
The Cin7 Account Management team will receive the request and get back in touch with you.
Connecting the two accounts
Next, connect the two accounts using the details obtained earlier.
- Log into Cin7 using your Administrator account.
- Select on your username in the top right corner and select Settings.
- Under Integrations, select Mailchimp.
- Enter the API Key in the field provided.
- Enter the List ID in the field below.
- Click Finish to save the settings.