Connecting Salesforce to Cin7
This article outlines the steps required to connect your Salesforce and Cin7 accounts.
Adding Salesforce to your Cin7 Account
First, you will need to add the Salesforce integration to your Cin7 account.
To add the module:
- Whilst logged in as an Administrator, from the left navigation, click Integrations then App Store.
- From the App Store, select Sales & Marketing then click Salesforce.
- Click Request App Installation.
Cin7 account managers will receive the request and will get in touch with you.
Connecting the two accounts
Next, to connect the two accounts - you will need the API User Email.
- From the left navigation, select Integrations then Salesforce.
- Click on Connect to Salesforce.
- Log in to Saleforce with your credentials.
N.B. To access the API, your salesforce account must be granted the "API Enabled" permission.
- You will be returned to Cin7, where you can continue configuring the integration.
- Please ensure that you have active pricebooks on Salesforce as not having one will cause issues with the loading of the settings page.
Configuring the Salesforce Integration
Once you have connected the two accounts, you will be able to configure how the Salesforce Integration should work.
- From the Salesforce module page, click Setup.
- In the API User Email, enter the email you used to connect to Cin7.
- Select 'No' for Sandbox.
- Click Next
In this menu, you can choose how Cin7 Price Tiers interact with Saleforce Price Books.
- From the left-hand drop-down, choose a Salesforce Price Book.
- Form the right-hand drop-down, choose a Cin7 Price Tier that this should relate to.
Only products updated after the date set in this setting will be updated, when using the 'Update recently Modified Products' button.
Under Import Type, you can choose to import Opportunities or Quotes from Salesforce into Cin7 Sales Orders.
Please note only Quotes marked "Accepted" and Opportunities marked "Closed Won" in Salesforce will be imported.
Once you have made a selection of Import Type, click Next.
Depending on your setting in the step above, you will be asked to configure the importing of Opportunities or Quotes.
- Choose the default currency for your quotes
- Choose the status of quotes to import. Cin7 will import new Quotes that are set to the above status value. The default is 'Accepted'.
Finally, click Finish.