Setting up PC-EFTPOS
Cin7 can integrate with PC-EFTPOS terminals. This article explains how to set up PC-EFTPOS and use the integration.
PC-ECFTPOS is 'the leading specialist supplier of Integrated EFTPOS payment solutions in Australia.'
Cin7's integration with PC-EFTPOS allows our POS to connect directly with your card pinpad, removing the need for manually entering amounts into your terminal, and improving accuracy and efficiency as a result.
Our integration for PC-EFTPOS is only possible for Windows users.
PC-EFTPOS works in both New Zealand and Australia. However we support different hardware brands for each territory:
- Australia - see this list of supported terminals
- New Zealand - Ingenico ITC250 and lwL252 Terminals on the Paymark Network
Please check with our support team if you have any concerns about compatibility.
Setting up PC-EFTPOS
Step One - Installing the USB Adaptor Drivers (optional)
Follow this step if you connect your EFTPOS terminal via a USB-Serial Adaptor, like the one pictured below.
If your EFTPOS terminal is plugged into an RS-232 port on your computer then skip to Step Two.
In order to connect the EFTPOS machine via a USB-Serial adaptor:
- Follow the instructions and/or install any software provided with the cable.
- Once the cable driver has installed, plug in your serial cable into the EFTPOS terminal, and plug the USB connector into your computer.
Step Two – Verifying your COM port
You will need to know which port your device is connected to for a later step - to do this:
- Navigate to the control panel of your computer and click on Device Manager, expand Ports (COM & LPT).
- Identify the COM port to which your EFTPOS terminal is connected. e.g. in the example above the port is ‘COM3’.
Step Three – Installing the PC-EFTPOS Client
- Insert the PCEFTPOS CD-ROM provided into your disk tray or download the software at the PC-EFTPOS website.
- In your File Explorer navigate to My Computer -> (Your Disk Drive) -> CurrentReleases -> ‘PcEftposRelease’.
- Follow the instructions on the PCEFTPOS website.
Step Four - Setting Up the Client
- In the system tray to the right of the taskbar, double-click PC-EFTPOS Client GUI.
- The following window will be displayed:
- Make sure the COM Port is selected to be the same COM Port the EFTPOS terminal is connected.
- The status of the COM Port should display as ‘PINPAD ONLINE’
- Click Close.
Step Five - Adding PC-EFTPOS Details to Cin7
To set up PC-EFTPOS you will need to add some information to Cin7 about your PC-EFTPOS terminal:
- Whilst logged in as an Administrator click on your username, top right, then click Settings.
- Click on POS Payments.
- From the bottom half of the screen, change the PC EFTPOS dropdown to 'Yes'.
Some addtional fields will appear.
- Enter your PC-EFTPOS Sever Address in the field provided.
- Choose if you want to print a receipt from the card terminal in addition to the Cin7 receipt.
- Click Save.
Step Six - Link PC-EFTPOS to a Payment Method
Next, associate the PC-EFTPOS instance with the 'card' payment method.
- At the top of the screen, click Edit next to the Card payment option.
- From Eftpos dropdown, select DPS.
- Click Save at the bottom of the page to save these settings.
For more details on setting up POS Payments, see Setting up POS Payments.
Taking a Payment
To take a payment:
- Log in to the POS as usual, and make a Sale. See Creating a Sale for more information.
- Click PAY.
- Select the payment method - either 'Card' or 'Amex'/'Mastercard'/'Visa' depending on your setup.
- If your EFTPOS terminal is connected to your POS then a pop-up will display prompting the customer to ‘Swipe Card’.
- Once the customer swipes their card, a prompt will display to select their account and enter their pin number.
- Once the customer enters their pin and presses enter, the transaction will get processed and either be approved or declined.
- The transaction will then proceed to the receipt print page as usual.
When I attempt a PC-EFTPOS transaction on the Cin7 POS nothing happens?
Make sure you have installed PC-EFTPOS with the correct settings and the ‘Address’ field in the host interface is left blank. If you encounter any issues with installation, you can contact PCEFTPOS directly on email@example.com