Resetting a B2B Password
This article explains two ways to reset a B2B password for your customer's account.
Resetting your customer's password
You can reset a password on behalf of a customer.
To do this:
- From the left navigation, click CRM.
- Search for the customer, and click on their name to edit the customer.
- From the B2B Website Options box enter in a new password into the Update Password box.
- Click Save to save the contact.
Allowing your customer to reset their own password
It may be more convenient for your customer to reset their own password.
To do this, instruct your customer to:
- Navigate to your B2B site e.g. https://wholesale.yourdomain.com/
- At the top of the screen click login.
- Click the ‘Forgotten your password?’ link below the login boxes.
- Enter your email address and click continue.
- You will receive an email link with a temporary password.
Once the temporary password has been received, they will be able to log in to their account. This temporary password expires after one login, so they must reset their password in the same session.
To do this your customer must:
- Click the Change Your Details link from the account information box.
- In the next page, scroll down and enter a password, and confirm the password in the box underneath.
- Click Continue to save the password.
Removing a customer's password
If you would like to disable a customer's login, you can remove their password.
To do this:
- Open the contact edit page from the CRM.
- From the B2B Website Options box click the X button.
- Confirm the popup dialog to remove the customer's password. Note this cannot be undone but you can add in a new password in the Update Password box.