Bulk Updating Contacts
How to Bulk Update your contacts once they've been imported into Cin7.
Step One - Creating a Spreadsheet
The first step to updating your contacts is to export the current data into a spreadsheet. Any changes to the spreadsheet can then be imported back into Cin7.
To create the spreadsheet:
- From the left navigation, select the CRM module.
- Filter the list to show only the contacts you'd like to update. If you want to update all of them, leave the available filters empty.
- From the Actions menu select Bulk Update Contacts.
- The Export Results box at the bottom of the next screen contains all your data. Choose Select Data and then copy this data to the clipboard (Ctrl+C / Command+C).
- Paste your data into a spreadsheet and make any necessary updates/changes.
Step Two - Importing changes back into the system
Once you've made your changes in your spreadsheet, you can then paste this data back into Cin7 for import as follows:
- Select and copy all of the data in your spreadsheet.
Make sure you have selected all the columns, as the update will not work if there are missing columns.
- Return to the Bulk Update Screen (see step 3. above).
- In the top box, paste your data.
- Select Update Contacts to finalize the import.
- The number of updated contacts will be shown in green.
I keep receiving an error message when attempting to update. Why?
The error message should explain the issue clearly. If you are not sure what the error means, copy the error and provide it to Cin7 Support along with the data you are trying to update.
Can you add new contacts at the same time as updating?
It's not possible to add new contacts using the update process; new contacts must be imported separately.
The field I need to update is not in the Export. Is it possible to add it in?
If a certain field doesn't exist, contact Cin7 Support for review and feedback on the ability to add it.