Exporting products can be used to update products or insert new Product or Size Options. This article explains how to export products.
The Product Export feature will export all of your product data into a .csv spreadsheet.
Exporting your data has several uses:
- You can extract all - or a subset - of your data in one quick process
- You can update your products by changing the export and re-importing it
- You can insert new Product Options, or Size Options by adding additional rows to the export and re-importing it
To export your products:
- From the Left Navigation, click on Products
- To export a subset of your products, filter the product list or search for a particular product,
- or -
Reset the filter to export all of your products.
- From the Actions menu, select Export Products.
- In the following screen, you can check any number of fields to export, or Check All.
- Click Export, then in the following page click Export again to download a .csv file.
How do I open a .csv file?
A .csv file will open in spreadsheet software such as MS Excel, Numbers of Google Sheets.
Opening the .csv file in Excel removes some of the leading zeros on my codes
This will happen if you open the .csv directly in Excel, but you can work around this by importing it into Excel instead. There is more information in our Solving some Common Excel Problems article.