This article explains how the Picking screen is used to pick orders that have been released to pick in the Orders screen. Orders can be picked using a scanner or printed packing slips.
Selecting orders to pick
- Select orders for picking by:
- searching/selecting an order in the dropdown field
- scanning a packing slip
- or by selecting Pick Next Group
Selected orders appear at the top of the screen. Items to be picked appear under “Items(s) to Pick”.
- Select Click to Pick.
- Selecting Click to Pick prevents another user from picking the same orders.
“Item(s) to Pick” can be sorted by Product, Location, or OrderRef.
- Sorting by Location shows items by location using the hierarchy set up for the branch in Cin7’s CRM.
- Sorting by OrderRef groups items by sales order to be picked.
Picking FIFO items
- Scan an item or select an item under “Items to Pick”
- Scan or select the plus sign to pick each item. Items will appear under “Items Picked”.
- When required items are picked select Complete.
- If items are in multiple locations, click Select to pick items at different locations.
- A warning appears if the scanned item does not match the sale order.
Picking batch and serial products
A batch or serial must be selected when picking products set to Batch of Serial stock control.
- When the product is scanned or selected, a list of available batches or serials appears.
- Select the relevant batch or serial to begin picking, click Select to pick a different batch.
- Multiple batches can be picked for each product.
- A unique serial number must be applied to each serial item picked.
Managing partially picked orders
A warning appears when selecting Complete for a sales order that is partially picked.
- Options are provided to continue picking or to complete the order as partially picked.
- If completed as partially picked, a back-order is automatically created for the unpicked items.
Picking orders into totes
When tote picking is enabled, each order must be assigned a tote number as it is picked.
- Under “Items Picked”, select Assign Tote.
- Enter the tote number.
- Select Complete.
- If multiple totes are enabled, all orders in a Pick Group will be automatically assigned to the same tote number.